Ndlovukazi Self-Catering Chalets And River Lodge
These SELF-CATERING accommodations are owned and independently run by Willem and Amanda Basson. We are offering a unique self-catering option within the greater Big-5, very exclusive, Amakhosi Private Game Reserve.
Game drives are optional, although it is compulsory for guests to use the reserve’s vehicle and field guide if you do. It is essential to pre-book game drives. Guests can decide to take just certain sessions and then pay accordingly. The traversing area is exactly the same as the main lodge at Amakhosi, but our self-catering guests have to pack their own refreshments for the drives.
One may experience some of the 5-star eco lodge privileges such as meals and the spa, at special discounted rates for Ndlovukazi self-catering guests, by booking these as an “extra” directly with Amakhosi Safari Lodge in the reserve. If they can accommodate you, guests have the best of both worlds at a discounted rate and the lodges are only 10 minutes’ drive apart!
Since guests are not paying for game drives or meals they might not require, they may also use Ndlovukazi as a base while on vacation in the northern KwaZulu-Natal’s Elephant Coast or Zululand tourist region of South Africa.
The Chalets and the River Lodge are interconnected by walkways. This ensures that big groups, who would like to book all the facilities, are within walking distance of one another. The complex comprise a total of seven bedrooms in the lodge and chalets.
Ndlovukazi Self Catering Chalets
- The private CHALETS are semi-luxury, air-conditioned, independent units. Chalet 1 & 2 are one bedroom units and Chalet 3 has a main bedroom and a loft room as second bedroom.
- All chalets have a lounge area with an open plan kitchenette and full bathroom. The private "braai"/ lapha areas all have beautiful river viewing decks overlooking the Mkuze River.
- All kitchenettes are adequately equipped with all regular kitchen electrical appliances, all cookware for stovetop and open fire and all crockery and cutlery.
- The CHALETS are laid out in a park-like setting and have a communal swimming pool in full sun for the use of Chalet 1, 2 & 3.
- For related groups in Chalet 1, 2 and 3, we also offer a communal boma/braai area with a bar and a kitchen equipped with all cook ware, crockery and cutlery so that no-one needs to carry any equipment from their chalets.
- Our double level RIVER LODGE is very homely. It is ideal for family and friends traveling as a close group, who enjoy each other’s company, and would like to have 3 family rooms close to the main activities.
- The River Lodge comprise 2 x 4-sleeper bedrooms downstairs and a 5-sleeper room and a 4-sleeper loft lounge (with sleeper couches) upstairs. These family bedrooms all have fans.
- Each level has a separate shower and toilet to be shared by occupants of each level.
- The LODGE has 3 different seating areas outside: the large patio, the camp fire/braai area and the river viewing deck with a private conversation pool. All of these overlook the Mkuze River where the animals come to quench their thirst and hippos and crocs make their home.
- A further 3 air-conditioned communal areas are located inside: the lounge, bar and dining room. These visiting areas all flow together with the outside seating and make it great as a gathering place for larger groups.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with all regular electrical kitchen appliances. All cookware for stovetop and open fire and all crockery and cutlery, suitable for larger groups, is supplied.
- The lodge also has DSTV and Wi-Fi and is for the private pleasure of RIVER LODGE guests only.
|RATE PER PERSON PER DAY||MINIMUM RATES PER UNIT PER DAY|
|ALL ACCOMMODATIONS||RIVER LODGE||CHALET 1 & 2||CHALET 3|
|R600.00||Under 11 years @ 50%||R3600.00||R900.00||R1800.00|
Int. Cell phone: +27 - (0)83 426 9944 = Amanda (Information & Bookings) – not available mid-January to mid-March
Alternative: +1 - 409 256 0706 = Amanda (Information & Bookings) – only after 15h00 mid-January to mid-March
Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Amanda)