Visit the official South African government’s COVID-19 website to stay informed: sacoronavirus.co.za
A UNIQUE LOCATION:
Settled in the heart of northern Zululand in a concealed, unscathed paradise.
• Amakhosi Private Game Reserve.
• Near the Swaziland border, 40km west of Pongola.
• Five hours by road from Johannesburg and four hours by road from Durban.
FIVE STAR LUXURIES:
Be overwhelmed by warm smiles, hot hand towels, and five-star opulence where grace is an everyday reality, interwoven with the natural surroundings of the bush.
• Accommodating 16 adults in royal elegance.
• Children of all ages welcome, however children under 6 are not allowed on game drives unless prior arrangement is made and a private vehicle is booked (extra charge) and only subject to availability (please note due to safety reasons no children under 3 will be allowed on any game drive, even if private vehicle is available)
Welcome to our private kingdom that offers a high level of service and luxury living amidst striking surroundings.
• Six luxury suites, of which two have Interchangeable lounge, which can be transformed into a second bedroom to accommodate children.
• Ceiling-high windows, private viewing deck with open views across the Mkuze River.
• Air-conditioned lounge, bedroom and bathroom bath, shower, toilet, and bathrobes.
• A safe, fully stocked mini-bar and tea/coffee making facilities.
• Outside shower
Umntwana Honeymoon suites
• Two honeymoon suites.
• High thatched ceilings, glass walls, and open-plan design with spacious deck, private splash pool and hammock.
• A safe, fully stocked mini-bar and tea/coffee making facilities.
• Air-conditioned lounge, bedroom and bathroom separate shower, toilet, and bathrobes.
• 2 Bedroom Private House
• High thatched ceilings and open-plan design with spacious deck, private swimming pool
• Air-conditioned lounge, 2 bedroom and bathroom with separate shower, toilet, and bathrobes
• Spacious lounge open plan lounge area
• Coffee/team making facilities
• Mini bar
Where flavors offer a combination of an African fusion style with European flair.
Buffet style comprising a hot and cold smorgasbord, with only the freshest of ingredients.
• High Tea
Traditionally served on the veranda with platter after platter boasting vegetable wraps, chicken kebabs, mini pancakes with salmon and caviar, pâtés, quiches, chocolate and mini cheesecakes.
An elegant candle-lit, multi-course menu accompanied by a selections South African wines. On alternative evenings and (weather permitting) a traditional dinner may also be enjoyed in the open-air under the stars.
Feel the caring touch of Amakhosi’s splendor.
• Dining room.
• Inside lounge.
• Swimming pool with comfortable deckchairs.
• Curio shop corner.
• Satellite television.
• Central e-mail facilities (additional cost).
• Phone facilities (additional cost).
• Wi Fi
AMAKHOSI RIVER SPA:
Relax the body and bring harmony to the spirit
• Couples treatment room
• Africology range
• Snack bar
• Fully equipped fitness room
• Tranquility area, adults only
• Infinity pool
• Sun garden
• Showers and change room
Life in the bush is an exhilarating, unique experience with well-deserved moments of relaxation being the order of the day.
• Game drive Safaris
This doyen of safari experience (early morning and late afternoon) allows guests to observe the Big 5 as well as shy nocturnal animals, along with a variety of flora and fauna.
• Bush Walks
Bush Walks are offered from the lodge this includes a combination of bush walking and game viewing. These are offered after your morning game viewing safari. Depending on your fitness level this could vary the time, at additional charge
• Seasonal Frogging Safaris (Nov – Feb)
This activity is very depended on our rainy season. Wade through water ponds and reeds at night in search of 33 different species of frogs. With headlamp and gum boots, as many as 15 to 20 of these slippery little amphibians can be sighted in one outing, this activity need to be pre booked and is at an additional charge
Rates are subject to change without prior notice and are quoted pppn sharing. Most major credit cards are accepted; however no cheque payments are acceptable.
• Brunch, High Tea, Dinner.
• 2 game viewing drives per day.
• Transfers from the private landing airstrip to the Lodge.
Amakhosi Private Game Reserve conservations levies, charged on behalf of the reserve at R250.00per room per night, Transport to and from Amakhosi Safari Lodge, Gratuity, items of a personal nature, telephone, drinks, laundry and additional activities
From the moment you arrive, feel the caring touch of Amakhosi splendor
VOLTAGE: 220V SA.
SEASON: Summer – October to April.
Winter – May to September.
HEALTH: Amakhosi is situated in a low risk malaria area; however, please consult your doctor for further advice.
We suggest a warm jersey or windbreaker for early morning game drives, suntan lotion, a cap or hat, binoculars and camera.
Amakhosi is situated in a low risk Malaria area; however, please consult your doctor for advice. Basic first aid can be administered by a staff member at the lodge.
PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW YOUR GPS DIRECTIONS WHEN DRIVING TO AMAKHOSI; INSTEAD FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS BELOW TO GET TO THE LODGE.
From Johannesburg (5 1/2 hours)
Exit from Johannesburg on the Witbank N4
Take the Middelburg exit to Hendrina
Continue towards Ermelo on the N11
Continue towards Piet Retief on the N2
Stay on the N2 North until you reach Pongola
From Durban (4 hour)
Exit from Durban to Stanger on the N2 North
Staying on the N2 North, continue past Empangeni, past Mkuze to Pongola
DO NOT Take the R69 Candover turnoff from the N2, continue all the way to Pongola
From Johannesburg (6 – 7 hours)
From Johannesburg take the N4 towards Witbank
Take the Middelburg exit to Hendrina, continue towards Ermelo on the N11
Continue through Piet Retief on the N2 to Pongola
Once you get to Pongola
In Pongola take the R66 towards Nongoma, continue for approx 20kms
Turn right onto the R69 to Vryheid/Louwersburg, continue for 2 kms, turn left onto a dirt road at the brown sign-board “Amakhosi Safari Lodge”. Go through a security gate, follow the road straight down to our lodge. You will go through a second automated gate before arriving at the lodge. Its about a 14km drive on the dirt road
All published rates are quoted per adult or child per night inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) in South African Rands.
Amakhosi Safari Lodge reserves the right to amend any advertised rates without any prior consent or notice.
All reservation requests, amendments and cancellations must be made in writing to Amakhosi Safari Lodge by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deposit of 10% required on booking full payment before arrival. T & C’s apply.
Payments can be made using any of the following methods:
DIRECT BANKING – NEDBANK
STELLENBOSCH BRANCH CODE 149 821
ACCOUNT NO. 1498070515
SWIFT CODE NED SZ AJJ
BOOKING NUMBER TO BE USED AS REFERENCE
Please email the deposit slip with the booking number as reference to: email@example.com. The payment needs to clear before arrival.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENT – We welcome Visa and Master cards, Reservations will send a credit card authorization form to be faxed back to the Lodge on fax no. +27(0)34 414 1172.
• Children 0 – 5 years free of charge
• Children 6 – 12 years 50% of the sharing adult rate, if sharing with adults
• Children 13 years and above, full adult rate accommodated in a separate suite
• Children under 6 are not allowed on game drives unless a private vehicle is booked at an additional cost quoted on request and subject to availability please note (no children under the age of 3 are allowed for safety reasons even if private vehicle is booked)
• Babysitting facilities are available should you wish to make use of them, at R85 per hour
• Full T&C are available on request
30 – 15 Days before arrival, 50% cancellation fee
14 – 8 Days before arrival, 75% cancellation fee
7 – 0 days before arrival, 100%
All cancellations must be done in writing
Tour Leaders or drivers
Tour guides or drivers accompanying their guests can be accommodated in our driver/guide accommodation facilities – please enquire at our reservations (email: firstname.lastname@example.org / tel. +27(0)34-414 1157) for a quote on this facility.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or enquiries